CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Math Pins Party



I am joining the Math pins Linky Party from Just Reed.  I have so many ideas in my pinterest boards and it was fun revisiting some of them.  I am linking the pictures back to their original blog posts, not my pinterest boards.  If you want to see or follow my pinterest boards, there is a link on the sidebar (see you there!).








1.  This is an excellent anchor chart was made by Kathryn at Kindergarten, Kindergarten (a great blog but she only posts sporadically.  I am hoping she starts up again.)  We made a shorter version this year.  I always love her phrasing.
Kindergarten, Kindergarten
2.  This is a fun number recognition activity from Mrs. Huff.  I do the same activity with popsicle sticks and a hundreds chart.  This shortened version may work in the first or second quarter.
Mrs. Huff's Kinderblog
3.  I love how organized Leslie is at Kindergarten Works.  She makes a different math link page for each quarter.  I so wanted to get this done this year but I let it slide.  I am adding it to my list for this summer!










Kindergarten Works
4.  My kindergarteners loved this activity this year!  It is a great visual for ways to make 10.


First Grade Garden
5.  Heidi has some wonderful activities on her blog (and wonderful songs!).  This one cracks me up!


heidisongs.com

6.  I tried very hard to use our math journals for problem solving this year (much more than in years past).  I like how this example has more than one way to solve the problem.




Little Minds at Work


7.  Isn't this great?  Cheap, visual, nothing to lose.  Love it!
Mrs. T's First Grade Class
8.  We used our white boards and unit cubes this year.  Great hands on!  Some of my kids found it easier to do the math problem than use the cubes correctly (shows they know the algorithm but not the meaning).  I will be doing this one again!
Learning to the Core

9.  This activity is a great example of hands on learning for math tubs.  Easy to put together, engaging, easy to differentiate.  Love it.
Common Core Connections

10.  This is an example of a roll and dot game.  Subitizing is a big goal for Kindergarteners and we play many, many dice games to help them recognize groups of dots easily and automatically.  This happens to be one I made last summer.  Click the link to go get a free copy!

Thanks to Ashley at  Just Reed for having a great linky party!  Go over and check out some more math ideas!

1 comments:

Miss Trayers said...

Love the missing teeth problem solving boards! :)

http://notjustchildsplay.blogspot.com/2013/07/speaking-of-math.html

Post a Comment