CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Update

We have had a crazy winter!  So many snow days (we are hoping we will not have to make up the last two because the Governor declared a state of emergency!) that we will be in school for most of June.  So, I am not sure we have had a full week of school this month until this week.  Crazy, I tell you!

We made some cute penguins.






 The kids learned a lot about penguins in January. After we made a penguin can, have, are chart, they each wrote a penguin fact book.  We made some other cute penguin art similar to these.

We are still working on our penguin ABC book (part of our required writing for our state).  I keep telling my teammates that penguins continue to exist even when it is passed January!

We had our Valentine's Day party on February 12 and then stayed late for eight hours of conferences.  I met with most of my parents.  And we left as the first snowflakes covered the roads.  We ended up with over a foot of snow and five days away from the classroom.




 These adorable hearts were made by my teammate's class.  Each child chose a name from a hat to write something kind about.







We have only two more days of February.  I am so ready for Spring!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment