The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
Thank you so much to Kristen at Kinderpillars for the nomination!
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
Random facts about ME:
1. I have been married for 34 years.
2. I have 3 kids, 1 granddaughter, and a grandson who will be born any day now!
3. I love chocolate.
4. I am the middle child in a family of 5.
5. I love polka dots!
6. I have always wanted to be a teacher.
7. Both of my parents were teachers, two of my sisters are teachers, and my daughter was a teacher (before staying home).
8. I don't like seafood.
9. I have taught Kindergarten, First and Second grades.
10. My husband retired last month.
11. I love snow days! I grew up in California and we never got unexpected days off!
Questions asked by Kristen:
1. What grade do you currently teach? I teach Kindergarten.
2. Where did you grow up? I grew up in a little town in Northern California.
3. What is your favorite color? Blue.
4. What is your dream vacation? I have always wanted to go to Hawaii.
5. What is your favorite school break? Summer!
6. Who is someone you look up to?
7. What did you do before you started teaching? I started teaching right out of college but then I stayed home to raise my three children. I sold baskets, real estate, was a bank teller, and taught Lamaze before I went back to the classroom.
8. What do you like to do in your "spare" time? I am a quilter.
9. Where is your favorite place to shop? JoAnn's Fabrics!
10. Do you drink coffee? No, I drink two cups of tea every morning, though.
11. Are you a morning person or night owl? I am a night owl. When I am on vacation, I tend to start staying up later and later.
Here are my questions for the blogs I nominate:
- How long have you been teaching?
- Which grades have you taught?
- How do you learn new technology?
- What technology do you use in your classroom?
- What is your favorite book for December?
- Did you make anything for your classroom this year?
- How many kids are in your class?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- How many blogs do you follow?
- Are you on Pinterest?
- Who is the first person you call when you have a teaching question?
Here are the blogs I am nominating: