CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Rainbows!


In Kindergarten, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day a little early.  We read books, wrote stories, and created some stunning artwork, mostly involving rainbows. This has to be one of my favorite weeks!  Here are a few of the art projects my kinders completed this week.

We painted watercolor rainbows using liquid watercolors and foam craft paintbrushes. After they dried the next day, the kids cut them into puzzle shapes and glued them on the indigo background (thank you pinterest!).






We made leprechaun stick puppets.



We made two (so exciting!) pots of gold with a rainbow in between. The kids used regular watercolor paints which they sprayed water on and then used fingerprints to make the rainbows.



We started out with a torn paper rainbow. These all turned out great! I think we could come up with a torn paper project for each month of the year! (a book idea!!! Hehe!)




Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!

I am linking up to the Linky Party at Kindergarten Lifestyle.  Go check out the over 100 blogs!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute projects! I'm still making my way through the great blogs on the linky party and I just found yours. Very cute and I'm now your newest follower. =)
Bobbie

http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment