CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 30, 2013

Do You Want to be My Friend?

An easy book for our unit on Friendship is Eric Carle's Do You Want to be My Friend?






 We talk about how it feels to have all those animals not be friends with the mouse.  And how wonderful he feels when he finds a friend.  We agree that we are all so lucky to have lots of friends to play with. We make a class book and the kids think of other animals to be friends with the mouse.

We also discuss how Eric Carle likes to illustrate his books: he paints paper and then cuts it out in the shape of the animals and glues it to the paper (collage).  He then takes a picture and prints it to make the book (really I know the publisher does it but it is my simple version, okay?)





I like how we have Eric Carle books for almost every month of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment