CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Morning Glories!

I was inspired by  Carolyn at Kindergarten:Holding Hands and Sticking Together to grow morning glories in our classroom.  These flowers climb up your window (or the string you put up) and open each morning.  Hers are awesome!  I think she planted them very early (like in February).  



Ours are almost to the top of the strings but so far, no flowers.  We have four more weeks so I am hopeful.  They have been lots of fun to watch grow!  The vines twirl around the strings and seem to grow several inches every night.  




We also planted carrot seeds and bean seeds.  We observed the beans in baggies on the window before Spring Break but I planted the leftover seeds in dirt a week or two ago.  They sprouted quickly and I put some strings for them in case they get big enough. The beans grow very quickly.

Lima Bean Sprouts


We made some awesome flower pictures.  The kids made a circle using oil pastels, then added the petals, leaves, and a few vines.  They used watercolors to paint however they liked, all the way to the outside of the paper.  I love how they turned out!





7 comments:

Leslie said...

Ooooh, I love this flower project. I make a similar one with pumpkins in the fall. This'd be perfect for spring!
-Leslie
TeachJunkie.com
KindergartenWorks.com

Justin03 said...

Phoenix pre-k is a place where children learn to play, study and more importantly they also focused on moral ethics. Selection of school is really difficult for any parent. As a father I also wanted to enrol my girl in the best school. Does this school have its branches also?

Unknown said...

I am also very impressed with your post. Teaching about planting trees to the kids can make a huge impact for their education and this environment as well. I appreciate your work and will surely plan a planting class but lately I am busy in making a project for the kids to teach shapes and objects to my students. I found http://www.kidsfront.com/math/1.obj_shapes.html very helpful for this.

Anonymous said...

LE-MERIDIAN FINANCING SERVICES. the loan company that grant me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors has neglect my offer but Le_Meridian Funding Service grant me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project  in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can helped you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Also  lfdsloans@outlook.com or Write on whatsapp Number  on    1-(989-394-3740)Good Intend,

Jobi Johnson said...

Thank you very much for this great post. 8 Ball Jacket

eddielydon said...

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. venom jacket

George Mark said...

Great information about wilderness for beginners giving the opportunity for new people. Chuck Greene Jacket

Post a Comment