CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 12, 2012

First Day Jitters!

Back to School Jitters Linky Party



I am joining the First Day Jitters party over at A Turn to Learn.  


I have exactly one week from tomorrow until I report back to work.  Tomorrow is the first day we are allowed to work in our classrooms.  I am trying to resist!  I am going on Tuesday because we are giving tours to new students on Wednesday and it would be nice if a few rooms didn't have all the furniture piled up in the middle!!!  A few of my friends will be there and we are going out to lunch (we'll see how much work I get done!)


  I get nervous every year, no matter how long I teach.  I have crazy dreams.  I wake up early and can't stop trying to plan.  I am printing out lots of new ideas, I have no idea when I will get to them.  I am excited and nervous and sad that summer is almost over!  I had fun with my family, especially my adorable little granddaughter. 






So tell me: Are you nervous, excited, calm, or dreading the new year?  Leave me a comment and tell me when you start (or if you already started!)

5 comments:

Miss Trayers said...

Sometimes I even prefer more boys-I had an overload of girls one year and there was sooo much drama! You have a really cute blog! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

Ms. Jessica said...

Oh my... lots of little boys! I understand what Miss Trayers means about girls having too much drama but sometimes boys have way too much testosterone! I had a lot of boys in my class a few years ago and they all wanted to fight each other to be the top dog... it was quite a challenge to keep them all in check!

Thanks for linking up!

-Jessica
A Turn to Learn

Bright Concepts 4 Teachers said...

I get nervous before the first day of school too!I never get a good night's sleep the day before school starts-too much to think about! Thanks for sharing your jitters. I hope you have a great school year.
-Jaime
Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

Kimberly said...

I'm excited to meet my new students too!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Kelley Dolling said...

Lots of little boys make me nervous too. I always end up lovin' 'em to pieces though! Fun list for sure :)

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Post a Comment