CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 30, 2012

Using Music In Kindergarten


Teaching with  Z is having a linky party of Favorite Classroom Songs.

I love this topic!  I use music all day long.  I have all my kids' music in my ipod so I don't have to change CDs.

In the morning, my kids work at the tables as they arrive (in the beginning they are doing exploration with manipulatives, eventually it will be our journal time).  I play music to signal them to clean up and join me at the carpet.  I may play "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" from Chicken Soup for Little Souls or "The Goldfish" by Laurie Berkner (my favorite kids' music!).







Then we share our schedule for the day and write a morning message.  Next it is time to get up and dance!





And practice our sign language alphabet to Carole King "A Alligators All Around"



Then I read a book, we have some math and when it is time to clean up for recess, I play another song! I use Jack Hartmann for math songs and one of our favorites is "Countdown to Blastoff."

We also use his songs for calendar "Months of the Year Line Dance" and "Seven Days of the Week" are both lively and fun.

Of course we sing Dr. Jean




and Greg and Steve, too.
My kids learn sign language to this song and a few others.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you have enjoyed some of my favorite songs!  Leave me a comment and tell me about your favorites!  Jump back to Teaching with  Z and see what everyone else is sharing!


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Thanks for visiting me--I'm your newest follower :-)

Music! I'm working on printing the lyrics to our favorite songs. I need the refresher and the children will enjoy the songbook. "Goldfish" is one of our favs!
ReadWriteSing

Sandi said...

We have music throughout the day too. My kids also love Jack Hartmann - Count Down to Blast off is a favourite - along with the counting by 10s, 5s and 2s songs.
I am a new follower.

sandi
rubber boots and elf shoes

Ms. Jessica said...

Love Dr. Jean and Laurie Berkner! Great choices!!!

I found you through the linky party and I'm a new follower!

-Jessica
A Turn to Learn

Post a Comment