CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Space and Earth




 The Space Shuttle was buzzing around Washington, D.C. today.  All of our significant others who work down there sent us pictures.  My husband said he felt like he could see the pilot!  I guess they were landing at Dulles so the shuttle can be moved to the Smithsonian.  I showed all my kids my phone!


 After seeing the Space Shuttle, one of my little girls wrote about going to Earth in a rocket.  Here is her story:

I am going to go in a rocket to see the Earth.  We were lifting off.
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Blast off!  When we get there, I said "I am hungry."




We also started learning about Earth Day.  We made an anchor chart listing the ways we could help the Earth and we started reading the books.   I thought you might like to see some of the Earth Day artwork.  These are based on The Earth and I.





 I demonstrated the fish and the turtle.  Aren't they cute?







Hope you are having a good week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment